Histology Guide allows the viewing of high-quality images obtained by light or electron microscopy (EM). Users can interactively explore huge images in real-time. The browser-based interface recreates the experience of using a microscope. To aid in the interpretation of images, the key features are described for each image.
Click the following images for instructions on how to use the viewer with virtual microscope slides or EM photographs (i.e., micrographs).
Histology Guide supports saving any view as a 'bookmark' in your browser. This allows any view to be shared with others at a later time.
The settings button allows customization of the virtual microscope and the EM micrograph viewers.
- Choose a theme - dark and light color schemes for the website (default is dark)
- Viewer options - show/hide various features of the viewer
- Navigator - thumbnail of whole slide or micrograph
- Toolbar - show/hide the toolbar or just the magnifications, size of view or pointer
- Scalebar - show/hide and change its color
- List of views - rapidly scroll through the saved views
- Previous/next view buttons - arrows appear when the mouse is over the right/edges and allow moving through saved views
- Description - display descriptions as multiple/single page(s)
- Font size - decrease/increase the font size
Questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org